Personal Data Protection
Cyen values to protect your Data and respect your privacy.
We processes your Data in full transparency and in compliance with all applicable Data protection and privacy laws, including the “GDPR” (Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals to with regard to the processing of personal Data and the free movement of such Data).
“Data processing” refers to any transaction or set of transactions made applied to your personal Data. The concept of treatment covers, inter alia, all aspects relating to the collection, recording, organisation, preservation, adaptation or modification, extraction, consultation, use, broadcast communication or any other form of provision, reconciliation or interconnection, and the archiving, erasure or destruction of such personal Data.
Cyen determines the purposes for which your personal Data is processed, the means used and all the processing characteristics explained in this policy.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect and use the following personal data about you:
- Your name and contact information, including email address and telephone number, job title and company/organisation details
- Your participation at our events (e.g. attendance of meetings and events)
- In relation to specific projects, we may collect information including your nationality, geographical location such as city, region, or country; gender, age, sector of employment.
- Your responses to surveys, competitions and promotion of events.
- Any special requirements or points of interest you indicate during your registration to events.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED
We collect the personal data directly from you, in person, by telephone, text or email and via our website. We may collect information in the following cases:
- If you visit us through Cyen website available at https://www.cyen.eu (“Site”) or contact us directly, for instance with an event registration request or other business inquiry.
- We may collect strictly necessary cookies. Some cookies are strictly necessary in order to enable you to browse on our Site and use its features.
HOW AND WHY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Under data protection law, we can only process your personal information if this is strictly necessary and allowed:
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- for the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract;
- for our legitimate interests or those of a third party. A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests; or
- where you have given consent such as in the case of specific projects where your data is shared for reporting purposes (for example with the European Commission) and for targeted communications. Any special category of personal data is only processed with your explicit consent.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
We routinely share personal information with:
- third parties we use to help deliver our services to you (such as distribution mailing services, event mailing services);
- other third parties we use to help us run our organisation, e.g. marketing agencies or website hosts, third parties related to the employment of our staff etc.;
- third parties approved by you, e.g. social media sites you choose to link your account to or third-party payment providers;
- our banks in relation to our legal statutory obligations under Belgian law.
HOW LONG YOUR PERSONAL DATA WILL BE KEPT
We will keep your information as long as we need it to provide you services requested.
If you have submitted personal data to us, you have the following rights:
- Access and correction: you have the right to access to that data. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal data to you, we will provide it to you free of charge. Before providing personal data to you, we may ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal data. If the information we hold about you is incorrect, you may ask us to correct any inaccuracies in the personal data.
- Object to processing: you have the right to object to us processing your personal data if we are not entitled to use it anymore, to have your data deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in
- Right to restriction of processing: you have the right to request a restriction on the processing of your personal data (for example, while the accuracy of your personal data is being checked).
- Right to erasure: you have the right to the erasure of any data concerning you (except in some cases, for example, to prove a transaction or when required by law).
- Right to data portability: under certain conditions, you have the right to receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a commonly used, structured machine readable format and to transmit your personal data to any third party of your choice.
QUESTIONS AND COMPLAINTS
In addition, if you are not satisfied with the processing of your Personal Data by Cyen, you have the possibility to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority www.autoriteprotectiondonnees.be